The internet is costing me a fortune...
The internet is costing a bundle. But it is something I must use daily to look for jobs. So I am at the mercy of the net cafe. Average cost is about 2 euros per hour. It adds up rather quickly. So things are ok at the moment. I'm still looking for a place to live and a job most importantly. I've applied to a couple of temp. agencies and no work so far. Hopefully things will pick up next week.
In the meantime, I am keeping myself busy with the job hunt, and accommodation hunt during the days. In the evening, it's a little trickier. The American girls left this morning for Paris. I will miss them. They were good company and very nice and friendly. Yesterday we went out to sushi which was fabulous and to the Jameson Whiskey Distillery. It was a welcome distraction.
I met someone today at the USIT office. Another American. She was nice enough too. But I think she wanted to head off to Galway or Cork to work. So I am slowly starting to meet people. But it's a bit tough.
My main focus is finding a job, so hopefully I'll have good news to report next week and the offers will start pouring in. I've applied mostly for admin. type work as there does not seem to be a lot of teaching jobs around at the moment. I thought there was a shortage? But that's what they said about Toronto too when schools are in fact faced with declining enrollment.
Not much to report here. Days spent job and accommodation hunting. Nights are variable depending on who I meet up with. I am always amazed by how unfriendly people can be sometimes. Saw two American girls at USIT today and they totally blanked me. Whatever. Anyway, may try and go out tonight. We'll see what happens. I'm about to go back to the hostel soon. Hopefully there are some cool people who have moved into my room.
I don't know what else to tell you.. so I'll sign off for now.... hope everything is great in Toronto. I do miss the place funnily enough.
In the meantime, I am keeping myself busy with the job hunt, and accommodation hunt during the days. In the evening, it's a little trickier. The American girls left this morning for Paris. I will miss them. They were good company and very nice and friendly. Yesterday we went out to sushi which was fabulous and to the Jameson Whiskey Distillery. It was a welcome distraction.
I met someone today at the USIT office. Another American. She was nice enough too. But I think she wanted to head off to Galway or Cork to work. So I am slowly starting to meet people. But it's a bit tough.
My main focus is finding a job, so hopefully I'll have good news to report next week and the offers will start pouring in. I've applied mostly for admin. type work as there does not seem to be a lot of teaching jobs around at the moment. I thought there was a shortage? But that's what they said about Toronto too when schools are in fact faced with declining enrollment.
Not much to report here. Days spent job and accommodation hunting. Nights are variable depending on who I meet up with. I am always amazed by how unfriendly people can be sometimes. Saw two American girls at USIT today and they totally blanked me. Whatever. Anyway, may try and go out tonight. We'll see what happens. I'm about to go back to the hostel soon. Hopefully there are some cool people who have moved into my room.
I don't know what else to tell you.. so I'll sign off for now.... hope everything is great in Toronto. I do miss the place funnily enough.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home